Research field : Physical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Okayama University, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
B.Sc. (Okayama), M.Sc. (Okayama), D.Sc. (Osaka)
- Research Associate of Chemistry Department, Okayama University (1980-1993)
- Visiting Researcher, Osaka University (1986-1988)
- Research Associate of Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University (1993-1996)
- Associate Professor of Chemistry Department, Okayama University (1996-2000)
- Associate Professor of Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University (2000-2011)
- Professor of Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University (2011- )
- (1) Inclusion behavior at high pressures
- (2) High pressure EPR study on radical reactions
The goals of our studies is to understand the inclusion behavior and the mechanism of radical reactions by using high pressure technique. (1) A recent observation in our laboratory indicates that the number of water molecules repelled from the cyclodextrin (CD) cavity upon CD inclusion complex formation is an important aspect of CD inclusion complex formation dynamics. We believe that high-pressure ESR studies on inclusion complexation may be able to provide useful insight into the inclusion mechanism. (2) Using high-pressure ESR technique, we determined the effect of high static pressure on the trapping rate of active radicals. In addition, using competitive EPR trapping method, we perform the assessment of antioxidant property for scavenging short-lived radicals (ROS).
- (1) An Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity-Like Assay that Directly Quantifies the Antioxidant's Scavenging Capacity against AAPH-Derived Free Radicals: S. Kohri, H. Fujii, S. Oowada, N. Endo, Y. Sueishi, M. Kusakabe, M. Shimmei, and Y. Kotake, Anal. Biochem., 386, 167-171 (2009).
- (2) Nitric Oxide (NO) Scavenging Capacity of Natural Antioxidants: Y. Sueishi, M. Hori, M. Kita, and Y. Kotake, Food Chem., 129, 866-870 (2011).
- (3) Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of Cyclodextrin-Solubilized Flavonoids, Resveratrol, and Astaxanthin as Measured with the ORAC-EPR Method: Y. Sueishi, M. Ishikawa, D. Yoshioka, N. Endo, S. Oowada, M. Shimmei, H. Fujii, and Y. Kotake, J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr., 50, 127-132 (2012).
- (4) Nitric Oxide Scavenging Rates of Solubilized Resveratrol and Flavonoids: Y. Sueishi and M. Hori, Nitric Oxide, 29, 25-29 (2013).
- (5) The Enhancement of Fluorescence Quantum Yields of Anilinonaphthalene Sulfonic Acids by Inclusion of Various Cyclodextrins and Cucurbituril: Y. Sueishi, T. Fujita, S. Nakatani, N. Inazumi, Y. Osawa, Spectroc. Acta Pt. A-Molec. Biomolec. Spectr., 114, 344-349 (2013).