Research field : Inorganic Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, Okayama University, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
TEL & FAX +81-86-251-7843
B.Sci. (Chiba Univ., 1998), M.Sci. (Chiba Univ., 2000), Ph.D.Sci. (Chiba Univ., 2003)
- JSPS Research Fellow for Young Scientists, Chiba University (Apr. 2002 - Mar. 2004)
- Assistant Professor, Research Institute for Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Science (Apr. 2004 - Mar. 2007)
- Visiting Academic, ARC Centre for Functional Nanomaterials, The University of Queensland, QLD, Australia (Jan. 2006 - Mar. 2006)
- Associate Professor, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University (Apr. 2007 - present)
Visiting Researcher, 2nd Australia-Japan Emerging Research Leaders Exchange Program (ERLEP 2011) (Feb. 2012)
Honors and Awards
- Young researcher award 2012 from Colloid and Interface Chemistry Division of Chemical Society of Japan (2012)
- Best paper award from Japan Research Institute of Material Technology (2011)
- Encouragement award from The Japan Society on Adsorption (2008)
- Achievement award from Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy (2006)
- Lectureship award for young scientist from The Chemical Society of Japan (2006)
Analysis of nano-confined systems, nanostructures, and porous material
His current research topics include structure and property of nano-confined systems, nanostructures (clusters and small particles), porous materials, surface science, and carbon-based materials.
- 1.Experimental information on the adsrobed phase of water formed in the inner pore of single-walled carbon nanotube itself
M. Nishi, T. Ohkubo, K. Urita, I. Moriguchi, and Y. Kuroda, Langmuir 32, 1058-1064 (2016).
- 2. Nanospace-enhanced photoreduction for the synthesis of copper(I) oxide nanoparticles under visible-light irradiation
T. Ohkubo, M. Ushio, K. Urita, I. Moriguchi, B. Ahmmad, A. Itadani, and Y. Kuroda, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 421, 165-169 (2014).
- 3. Structure of hydrated cobalt ions confined in the nanospace of single-walled carbon nanotubes
B. Ahmmad, M. NIshi, F. Hirose, T. Ohkubo, and Y. Kuroda, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 15, 8264-8270 (2013).
- 4. Highly compressed nanosolution restricted in cylindrical carbon nanospaces
M. NIshi, T. Ohkubo, K. Tsurusaki, A. Itadani, B. Ahmmad, K. Urita, I. Moriguchi, S. Kittaka, and Y. Kuroda, Nanoscale, 5, 2080-2088 (2013).
- 5. Green synthesis of mesoporous hematite (a-Fe2O3) nanoparticles and their photocatalytic activity
B. Ahmmad, K. Leonard, M. S. Islam, J. Kurawaki, M. Muruganandham. T. Ohkubo, and Y. Kuroda, Adv. Powder Technol., 24, 160-167 (2013).
- 6. Water-initiated ordering around a copper ion of copper acetate confined in slit-shaped carbon micropores
T. Ohkubo, Y. Takehara, and Y. Kuroda, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 154, 82-86 (2012).
- 7. Actual structure of dissolved zinc ion restricted in less than 1 nanometer micropores of carbon
T. Ohkubo, M. Nishi, and Y. Kuroda, J. Phys. Chem. C, 115, 14954-14959 (2011).
- 8. Strucural optimization of arranged carbon nanotubes for hydrogen storage by grand Monte Carlo simulation
D. Minami, T. Ohkubo, Y. Kuroda, K. Sakai, H. Sakai, and M. Abe, Int. J. Hydrog. Energy, 35, 12398-12404 (2010).